Thighs and legs have become increasingly problematic areas for many people as they age. For most people, the thigh area is challenging, if not impossible, to firm up even with regular dieting and exercise.
Fat, cellulite and excess skin accumulate on the thighs, making people look heavier then they may be. This sagging skin makes many people self-conscious about their appearance, keeping them from doing many things they’ve enjoyed in the past.
Fortunately, there is a solution. Thigh lifts can help people regain their self-confidence and allow them to do the things they used to enjoy without being self-conscious.
Thigh Lift or Thighplasty
A thigh lift, also known as thighplasty, can give you firmer, more attractive, thighs by removing excess skin for those who struggle with loose, excess skin that occurs after extensive weight loss.
There are several techniques available to plastic surgeons which allows them to customize the procedure to the individual needs of the patient.
Eligibility for a Thigh Lift
If the skin on your thighs is no longer as firm as it once was, because of a collection of loose, sagging skin, a result of losing a significant amount of weight, a thigh lift will give you a much trimmer, more youthful appearance.
Anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their thighs and receive a trimmer, firmer more youthful appearance thighplasty may be an option worth considering.
However, to be a good candidate for the procedure, there are some requirements you will need to meet to ensure the surgery will be a healthy and successful choice for you. These requirements include:
- The ability to maintain a stable weight is a requirement. If you haven’t reached your total weight loss goals, losing more weight after the surgery could cause the tissue on your thighs to droop again. This is why you need to be sure you have met your weight loss goal.
- You need to be in good overall health; chronic health conditions can jeopardize your safety during the procedure. You need to discuss all of your known health concerns with your plastic surgeon during the first consultation so they can ensure your safety and the success of the procedure.
- Being a non-smoker is essential because smoking can disrupt the healing process and increase your risk for complications. Your doctor may consider you a candidate if you stop smoking for a specific length of time.
- Not being a heavy drinker, this can also impair your recovery and raise your risk of severe
- Being psychologically healthy is essential. Previously diagnosed psychological conditions can add to this strain and cause complications.
- Having realistic expectations for the procedure is essential, and your doctor will explain what to expect from the surgery.
- Committing to continuing a healthy diet and exercise, so you’re able to maintain the results you received from the procedure.
Having a thigh lift procedure can remove the unsightly sagging skin from your thighs, give your thighs a firmer, more youthful appearance and give you back your self-confidence allowing you to get back to living the life you once had.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. If you enjoyed this article, please join my mailing list to make sure you do not miss a single informative and entertaining article as soon as it is published. I encourage you to start or join a discussion by adding a comment at the end of the article.
Also, I can help you with any of your professional content needs, including original blog articles, website content and all other forms of content management and marketing.
Please contact me at email@example.com, and I will put my 15+ years of experience to work for you.
Let’s Spread the Words Together!